7am to 12 noon

For a person who just lined up for 5 hours, I am quite calm. You see, I literally watched the "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" tote got sold out in front of me. There was just four more people in front of me and it was announced that all of it was gone. Initially I was told I would be the last few people who would be getting it but luck obviously was not on my side. Plenty of ifs...if only I went there just a bit earlier. If if if...

Anyway, the crowd was less than impressed with the verdict as they started behaving really wild, screaming and pushing and throwing insults all around. Guards and cops were called. The manager from KLCC came by. It was quite scary actually. The spokeperson from Anya Hindmarch just came out and apologize and thats that. Most of us were unhappy because we were obviously misused as their pr tool. They said they didnt anticipate the turnout and they did told people to stop lining up. BULLSHIT.

It's plain to see that having lines that cross over the whole level right up the another level is a great story and pictorial for the press, so why would they want to tell people to stop queuing up? Very bad call on their end. They could have just stop the line and people wouldn't have been so angry because if they would know the quantity runs out at one point, they wouldn't have spend so many hours in the line and could have gone home.

What is worst is that they got F grade models like Elaine Daly and Stephanie Chai strolling in at 10, get the bags and start walking slowly, posing and taking pictures in front of everyone in the line (who is tired and angry btw) to parade the bag. It's like eating fried chicken in front of a starved African child. Not to mention, they actually allowed pre-ordered customers to collect their bags on the same day. I know there's pre-order (but couldn't make it to the list) but alot of them don't know that and they got really envious and unhappy when they see all these datins strolling out with 4-5 bags each.

It's also quite disgusting to see really ugly human behaviour coming out like jumping the lines and all those stuff over a bad. Furthermore, some of them have not even seen the bag let alone know how to pronounce Hindmarch...there was a pool of Jinjang Janes, Kampung Baru ghetto girls, male-divas who would probably not know what the bag stands for and most of them are there just to get the bag and sell it off. For RM55, you can get at least RM1,000 in online auction.

At the end of the day, just blame it on the fact that I am not a 6ft model or popular socialite or else I wouldn't have to line up. I didn't feel that bad, they gave me a notebook which I gave away to a colleague who loves Anya Hindmarch bags. Maybe 2-3 years from now, no one will care about this bag. Would it have longevity and impact in the fashion world like Hermes scarves or Chanel's tweed suit? No one knows.

All I know is anything that I want, I need to work for it. So save up and buy that Chanel bag. It doesn't fall down from the sky and it certainly wouldn't be RM55 bucks each.

Till the next bag then.

Comments

savante said…
Oh no!!!! I am depressed as well! You didn't get the bag? I was hoping you did. Sigh.

No worries. WE shall open a company making even more fabulous bags and call it PTB Paul Thompson Bags.
Poh-E said…
ola. gosh. poor you. just four! i mean FOUR! that frustration is still with me now. grmph!

let's just diy bags by ourselves!revenge!

sigh, felt so dumb and stupid for being used as PR tool.

more good days to come!

chao.nice to read your blog!

=]
Buaya said…
Aww... *Sayang*...

Well, this Soooooo reminds me of Hello Kitties in Singapore a few years back...

Anyway, come here to buy lah... But dunno got or not... :p
adrien said…
i feel ya.:(
Anonymous said…
There you have the best example of herd behavior and worst example of human nature. So not worth it! Definitely not a plastic bag, but neither deserve its stature as a coveted bag. It has nothing on say the Birkin, a Chloé Paddington, YSL Muse (http://iamfashion.blogspot.com/2006/05/ysl-muse-bag.html) or if you want Celebrity endorsed cult status, Balenciaga bags (http://www.purseblog.com/styles/brands/balenciaga/). Heck, it can't even compare to the marked down Guccis and Jean Paul Gaultier that I am 2 seconds away from buying.

Forget about it, put the ringgits into your saving! Chanel you say, c'est Chanel alors, je te soutiens 100%!!! As for me, I am having my eyes on this ---> http://www.balenciaga.com/zoom.aspx?index=1&collectionId=ba_s07_m_bags
Anonymous said…
adoi.. kasihannya... i was watching the queue from 1st floor after my breakfast... it was a freaking long queue
thompsonboy said…
ash....le poor and le no argent! Ahh..Balenciaga is so classy. I think they no longer sells it here in KL....love the detailing.

Poor bitches like moi will need to settle for Coach then :(

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton