Top Ten Reasons Why I Hate* My Father

1.He is biased. If he doesn’t like or know something, that’s the end to it. No matter how unrealistic it sounded, if he thinks he right, everyone else is wrong. You really cannot reason with unreasonable person.

2.He thinks he is always right even though he is wrong and never admits to his mistakes. Self-glorification – he boasted that he’s the least fussy eater but everyone in the family knows how picky he is. I am the least fussy.

3.He never acknowledges any good that I did. I might not be the best son on earth, that much I admit but I am far from worst. I did my BA and never need to rely on him to guide me in the world – I worked my ass off to get where I am today.

4.He only thinks the worst of me. Too many examples, too many painful moments.

5.He thinks I should be at home by 8.30pm every night. For fucking god sake, I am 25. They are not going to live forever, if I don’t learn to take care of myself at this age, I never will.

6.He thinks I am earned and spend too much. It’s really funny because I don’t know where he got that idea. Serious.

7.He loves to pick a fight – either with mum or with me.

8.Do I another 4 more reasons to complete this? Not really because I can hate him with just one reason alone.

*sure, hate is a strong word but I guess that’s the best word to use when that person to you is as good as whatever. I know it must be dreadfully wicked of me to say these things but sometimes feelings can’t be helped. I don’t seek out to fight with him or whatever for mum’s sake. At most I will try and avoid him and any confrontation. It’s amazing that I survived all these and still maintain my sanity. At the end of the day, he is what he is and will never change. I just have to learn not to take it personally.

I am really scared to be a father myself. I promised myself that I would never be one. I don’t want to be like him. He doesn’t know how much pain he caused me. To do that to your own children – I just have no word to describe that.

I really hate you, father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton