I don't need to watch The Secret Life of Walter Mitty to have that life

Typically unimpressed with anything, I watched the trailer for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty just to find out what's with the marketing buzz and to me it was all fuss and nothing else. Sure, the scenes look great and I am sure there will be some funny moments here and there but I am surprised that people are still impressed with the same good old Americana movie formula:

Loser + Pining for love + suddenly something happened = life changing experience / chance of a lifetime = happiness.

Now didn't you watch that before somewhere? Yes, plenty of times. But it never gets old for some people. And what better time to release it than year end/new year when people only review how terminally boring their life is only to revert back to doing the same thing all over again come February. Of course it will resonate with people. Kar-ching!

I only have one thing to say - Stop dreaming, stop watching another movie and put those money to good use or to support your dreams.


Photo credit(s): https://www.facebook.com/marcel.lariche

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton