For someone in advertising....

...I sure sucked at talking about it. It's not always like that, you know. Maybe the love is gone or the love is somewhere, I just need to find it. But having said that, I am still (I like to believe) in tune with what's going on in the industry.

Anyhoo, I have been seeing some LGBT related ads lately done by some retailers in the states and while some of us might praise them for taking that small step forward, I think it is still very very small step ahead. But of course the pink dollar is huge, it was reported that gay couples spent millions in New York alone for wedding when it was deemed legal (if I am not mistaken) last year? I quite like the version done by Target.

I don't think alot of people have issues with the ad so to speak (yes there are some major bitching here and there but) because it doesn't relate to them. I mean it's the mentality of whatever lar, gay is fine as long as it's my son or daughter who is gay kinda thing. Then I will have issue.

target-wedding-gay-ad_480_740_s_c1

freedom_of_expression_ad_a_p

GAP-Be-One

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton