Something got me started

Managed to come home early yesterday and while sorting out the mails, I noticed the usual credit statement and to my amazement the amount was higher than usual thanks and no thanks to my supplementary card for my sister. I was also amazed at how little things here and there can easily contribute to a couple of hundreds just like that and I am not even talking about high end shopping. Just the usual DVD here and there or CDs. Thank God I paid cash for my books else it would be another heartache to bear. I must say though while it sounded like I am a train running wild without control – I am still far from it. After all, I settle the whole amount on a monthly basis.

But that’s the thing about life. Everything you say or do paint a different picture for different people. Once you read or heard of a person buying these and that thing you will automatically assume he is a nut. Then there’s this new guy at work who dresses well (my hunch is that he’s gay) and there was gossip circulating that I know him beforehand. I was like wtf? Just because he is gay (well to be politically correct, he denied that he is…rolleyes)? It turned out that someone heard wrong – it was another guy who knew this fella and not me. And it’s not just little things like these that get misunderstood.

Take for example, a girlfriend was talking to me about the type of guys that I like lo behold she assumed that I didn’t like this or that guy she pointed out because he’s not ‘crassy’ enough for my taste. Even though it was far from shocked, I can’t help feeling abit annoyed because it seems like she and everyone else doesn’t know me at all. I can’t blame others who have the same assumption about me – like how my new colleagues confessed about their impression on me and their thought of the types that I would go for…you know the refined type and I was like wtf. Okay so there was A LOT of talk on such issues because well, I really don’t know why. Maybe a few of us are gay and very single indeed and self confessed losers with fabulous job. I myself isn’t even refined at all and I certainly don’t want a fashionista as a boyfriend (not because I fear him stealing my thunder) because if I do, I should go ahead and date Cookie instead.

In relationship, I look for the mutual core values. It really doesn’t matter if your cup of tea is literature or designs or whatever, the core value within a person is the most important thing. It just manifests itself in different manner. I don’t believe that they should have everything the same – hobbies and shits like that. Very much like a brand. Take for example Digi’s core value is innovation/smarter/simplier/always give you a warm feeling and that is translated into different product in different manner but never run away from its value. When Digi promotes it’s corporate brand, they used the Yellow Coverage Fellow (simple and innovative), prepaid product, they used ducks, the Bollywood TVC (simple/gives you the warm and funny feeling) and then Business and Postpaid – the rubberband – innovation. So different yet so similar. So what are my core values and the one that I look for in a person? Well, let’s just continue to keep it as a mystery and if you think it’s this or that then so be it. One can’t really control it.

And speaking about control – I better learn to control myself from now on. I could have save so much if I didn’t spend on all those crap and even though me and Cookie are always giving ourselves excuses to spend – sometimes it’s just not justifiable. Imagine all the money snowballing and then I can actually buy something really nice and expensive. So saving is not exactly in my vocab as it is already written in the stars for me. Quote unquote my colleague who read my palm and told me that I won’t have money worries but will never be able to save a dime. No worries there. After all the whole purpose of earning is to have the luxury to spend it, true?

Comments

savante said…
Yes. We desperately need to save cash.
William said…
Yeah lo. Cannot bring to the grave also. Unless it's some kind of Marc Jacobs casket...

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton