The Hills Are Alive

You know how it is when everyone has their own guilty pleasures; mine was discovered recently as I’ve found myself addicted to watching the so called reality series – The Hills. I wasn’t too impressed with the original which it received its spin off from – Laguna Beach but anyone who watches E! and everything US gossip would know its impact on television. However due to boredom and my sad life and something or another I found myself catching it religiously over the weekend.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anyway, the show is about this girl Lauren moving from Laguna to Hollywood Hills to pursue her studies in fashion while juggling an intern job at Teen Vogue and all the dramas, love and relationship and catfight that every decent young adult should go through on television. What is interesting would be her relationship with a so called friend and house mate Heidi. Coming down to the third season in US, they are no longer friends because Heidi chose to move out and be with this loser scum like boyfriend called Spencer. I can’t wait for MTV to air the latest season.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lauren and Heidi - ex BFF

While it seems hard to find all the character likeable especially when they are all so darn young, beautiful, and rich (did you see her bags? Bitch!), I found myself being able to like Lauren from week to week. So she’s rich, but it’s nothing some to discount a person from. I also find myself sharing the same taste in men with her. Sure there’s plenty of cuties to ogle but this girl and I share the same taste. And did I mentioned how disastrous those guys that she dated? Anyway moving on, of late I found my good friend Queen Bitch turning into a Heidi – I am not saying that her man is a scum or anything but that girl need to sort out her priorities.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Many of times when people get into a relationship, they get deluded (and I wished I could share a secret joke with you guys on how deluded people can get…only Fei Mui, Cookie and Ed would know) and yes, things can get really hot and as close friends we let them be. However when they fail to show up for outings after outings, you can’t help but feel a little bit ditched. Then you take the big steps by telling them off and they still behave the same. What do you do then? And the best part of the story, Queen Bitch would call me whenever she needs me and I would go to her as well. The last time she pulled a MIA on me and my friends, I have decided that this Heidi has just pulled her last stunt. I still talks to her and all but mind you, the damage is done. I will no longer ask her out nor will be bothered with her. I hope I don’t come off as a jealous bitch or anything because I am not. Someone please slap me if I ever pull a Heidi on my friends….that is if anyone actually wants me at the first place.

Sometimes you just can’t escape drama…Hollywood or Kuala Lumpur

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

drownedglass said…
I once likened my love life to Melrose Place. Obviously that was years ago. And rather embarassing to admit to. These days, I try to keep to MJB's wise words, "No drama".

BTW, love the earthy new banner :-)
savante said…
Whoa. Nice banner.

Though I'm sure you can write your own dramatic saga quite as well :) TB in KL!

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton