Hair Raising Situation

Once again I have found myself in unfamiliar territory as I drove home at half past six. This is the officially the second time that I’ve managed to do that in coming to close to three months with my new job. I guess it’s healthy to just go home, clean up the mess known as my room and try and manage some stuff – finances and letters to write on the personal side. The traffic was nasty as usual but it wasn’t too bad because I have Dido turned on. Strange enough, I found myself Dido-ing a lot lately but it’s just one of those CDs that you can time after time and I am really channeling that album right now.

Anyway, right before I turned into the street leading to my house, I’ve decided to go for a haircut. Now one could assume that I would probably spend tons of money on that as many normal (then again how do you define normal? More like urban young adult with MHI/Monthly Household Income of 4K and above) people would easily depart from a good RM40 for a typical cut and perhaps throw in wash.

Well, I don’t.

Last I remember, I paid RM13. Sounded like cheapskate? No doubt. I guess anyone who is unkind can say that well that figures because my hairstyle looked cheap as well. Then again, so far there’s no complaint with regards to that. I can’t really describe my hairstyle as it is really passé. It’s so passé that it should be buried with all the things from the 90s like Spice Girls and G Shock watches. I guess that the passé hairstyle that I have now is still acceptable and I do actually look good with it, so it will stay for a little while more though I feared what I will do if it’s totally out of style *gulp* one look back at my high school hairstyle trip send shivers down my spine.

Unlike many lucky people, I wished I could sport all sorts of hairstyle especially long. I did tried however but ended up looking really miserable and in fact very drug addict-ish especially I am not usually clean shaven but rather stubby-ish. Not cocaine chic but more of Anti Dadah poster child type so it’s all short for me. But when it’s short, I ended up looking like a geek because of my glasses but since it’s lesser evil than the former, the short hair stays. Anyhow I have really bad dandruff so it’s easier to manage this way. One of the many good thing I love about my hairdresser (the same for the past 5 years) is that he doesn’t push to sell you products and in fact he asked me to forget it as he himself also suffered from head snow shed.

Well, I also have to give him credit for over the years trying to recommend things when I said I am bored of my hair and also complemented on good my DIY hair dye job was. Then again my sister was good but I stopped doing that for some time now due to fear of hair loss. I have not used any hair product other than shampoo for the past 4 years and hence whoever that has seen me before would be surprised how well managed it is just by using water. I hope I am not both-ing (Bringing On The Heartbreak) to a couple of my ahem close acquaintances on the issue of hair because I guess like everything else superficial and external for a gay man, hair is essential.

Personally I don’t mind (ok, so I am rich to talk since I *thank god* is not suffering from one) being bald if I can carry that bald look. Some bald or balding men are really sexy. Can never figure out the appeal for long hair and especially those that look too kawaii-ish or girlish that seems to be a trend. Then again I have always been a sucker for short haired boys. Short hair, clean cut with glasses. Yum.

So what’s your poison? Long or short?

Comments

Buaya said…
*Sob*

I have to keep it short to make me look like I have more hair...

:(
savante said…
Unless you're one helluva rugged SOB, it's hard to pull off long hair.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton