Another day another week

I think that I have been reduced to summarizing the week these days with happenings of whatever and another strange thing is, there is nothing too interesting to talk about. Have I come to the end of the road for my blog? After a year++ of bitching and writing crap, there’s nothing more to talk about. There’s just so much one can blog about bags and latest loot. Though I have to say that I have gotten some lately…maybe will save that for a later entry. Maybe it’s just the work. I was abit stressed out or rather adopted whatever attitude on one particular crappy day.

The thing is, everyday day in day out we dealt with shit and like I told my colleague, it is the same shit but just different arse. It gets a bit tiresome – the neverending revisions on the artwork. Visual going to final artwork and then thrown back to visual again. I think I am spending most of my precious youth doing endless and almost useless amendments and coupled with the fact that K is still not playing her part as the boss to help out and even have the cheek to pass me yet another tiresome work. This time around, I just said no. It’s abit crappy when I don’t understand why Client refused to talk to her and call me instead to complain or when she doesn’t deliver, I get the lashing. Sometimes I think I might as well get the title and salary since I am running the show and doing everything. Who can blame me for feeling resentful?

I can’t wait for the day when that someone new would come in and relieve me from some of my execution work. B told me that the new person would be assigned under me. Then perhaps I have a bit more time to concentrate on looking things from a bigger picture – the promotion to manager doesn’t seem too far away but I have to be careful because I don’t want to be labeled as one of the managers who got there simply because of being hardworking and not smart. I know people can be quite hard sometimes but it’s true. It’s not hard to make it handling my account – all you need is the sheer determination and hard work. Then again, a water buffalo is hardworking as well so I am sure you get the picture.

I also have to learn how to be a good boss since I know and have been quite a tyrant in the past. I just can’t help it as I know that I would be those much feared bitch boss from hell that tortures and scares the daylight out of your life. I would probably breathe down their neck like mad as well. Then again it’s not hard to be scared of me at first sight anyway but I probably need to take a different approach this time around. It would be a great chance for me to do things differently and learn because I am aware of my Nazis tendencies. So much work yet some little time. And look at today, Sunday was here and now it’s going away fast.

The thing is that I found that my weekends are becoming shorter and passes by faster than usual. And to add to the strangeness I am not exactly dreading to go back to work yet not looking forward to it. Perhaps a holiday, slightly longer than the usual two days weekend would do me good. I would be going to KK next weekend to visit my sister who is now working there so that should be fun. Problem is (I just realized) my iPod is still dead – God knows how I would get through without my music. Sigh.

Comments

Janvier said…
Raya's coming - probably that'll give you a slightly longer break than the usual weekend then. Have good fun/rest at KK!
Buaya said…
Where/What is KK? :|
Anonymous said…
a timely holiday! Have a good break and enjoy yourself at KK :)

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton