How I Died And Come Back Alive

I have just finished ironing 3 weeks worth of clothes and my back is aching. Applied something soothing on them and now contemplating if I should actually do the impossible which is to finish up the overdue competitive ad analysis. Something which a bottom of the foodchain whore like myself needs to do.

But then again, thinking about it again why should I? Firstly please excuse me and my unearthly calls from the beyond. My week has been interesting to say the least – a rough calculation of 90 hours of work and thank God it’s all over for now. It took us exactly 11 days from the Client’s brief to the delivery of materials for newspaper, radio and POSM (point of sales material). Now typically I would say that if I wasn’t in advertising, the sound of 11 days is a lot but in the advertising timeline, you are running on crack. I think I am not in the mode of going into details but let me assure you – it’s super absurd. Then again more absurd things have happened before.

At least for me, this is something new. I know that when I got myself in this position there would be a lot of hard work expected from me and I know as well that nothing can prepare me for it. Not all the warnings in the world – even from my then potential bosses. Knowing and doing it is totally different altogether. Now it’s not like I can’t do a couple of things like radio, print and also posm at one go but you need to understand that underneath all the rushing there are many ongoing jobs that need to be rush as well and given equal priorities.

So the end result is me dying or rather died during the Friday finale when I didn’t even go home at all just to finish up one last thing. Came back on Saturday (I think my Client was nice enough to let me sleep for 5 hours) and finish up the remainder of week for the rest of the week. I really wished the agency would at least compensate one day for me to rest but no such luck. The whole thing will continue to roll as usual tomorrow and I can expect things to get worst by end of the year as the competitors are gearing it up to meet their projected numbers and there will certainly be a war. One should be so lucky. And let’s not forget the dramas along the way (creative refusing to cooperate which resulted in a midnight crisis and FA artist who threw tantrum and left the office at 3am leaving me finding other people to help out – they all can look me in my eyes and just walked off like that. I shall not go into those details because it will only break my heart but I know one day all this will pay off eventually and I will be super fabulous and they can but wish but never would be me)


There are actually a lot of things in my mind and there’s so much to say but I think I really really deserve a rest or a bag. There was a point when I was doing this that I wished I have a boy at home to come back to and cry or at least rest my head there on his shoulder for abit. Just abit. I know I have just said something that any career minded modern faggot should never say but yes, I do need a man sometimes.

In any case, if there’s no man – there’s always a bag and lately I have been very impressed by the new Louis Vuitton campaign and normally I am not a Louis kinda of girl but somehow I was so inspired by it. How can I can confess to be bag mad if I don’t even own one of the most prestigious brand of bag in the world? I guess the problem is if you are a Caucasian, you can get away with monograms but if you are Chink like me, you only look cheap.





I have been very impressed with the Speedy bag and it was one of the most popular one that came out from them. Another problem is that it’s a girl’s bag. Now I can say that I will carry it in the most manly way possible but I think I can carry a gun and make it look soft..ha..ha…ha! But seriously, I can always carry the handle and not hook it on my arms right? I mean its a carrier bag like just any other. The perfect speedy for me would be the EPI leather (in plain black leather) or whatever shit name but I just can’t afford it. It’s nearly doubled the price but would look perfect for me. Someone said I kinda channeled the Prada feel and I should be carrying their bags instead. Somehow I think Prada is just too boring for me. So next to the canvas monogram, the next best thing would be the mini lin. My colleague who is just as mad bag was like "go for it…it’s fabulous". Well, I guess this will be a work in progress. It’s not THAT expensive.


Come to papa!!!


Nice to see but not me

Then again there are these which really captured my heart. Guess that’s as far as it will be. In my heart. Who can afford so many bags and oooooh, look at those cuff links. I swear that I would marry anyone who can give me all the Paul Smith’s bag and cufflinks in the world.







My boss better gimme a raise because at the end of the day if I can’t get a man, I might as well have a bag. It sucks that your friends who work not as hard as you do can earn so much more and go into a store and buy a pair of shoes when you can but just look with aching back. I looked like shit these days (aging before my time) and people actually thought I was 30. Fuck that shit! I aint finishing that comp analysis shit.

Comments

adrien said…
get some Ice. aside from staying awake, you'll loose weight at the same time. :p
Janvier said…
Wow those cufflinks are cute!
drownedglass said…
You know having a man at home only works if you actually go home :P

Anyway, omg eleven days! I know nuts about ad industry but I would have thought it would take at least a month from brief to delivery. Can't imagine how you pulled it off.

But hey, at least you'll get to be super-fabulous one day. Here's to that fine day, may it be not too long in the coming!
savante said…
I love cufflinks from paul Smith. You seen those tacky ones that go from clothed to naked?

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton