Having it all (over again)

As I sat there in my Queen Bitch's balcony over the weekend, I can't help but to look out into the neighbours' house. The nightview is great and all, there's a lake that shimmers thanks to the nightlight coming from the lakeside restaurant and the twinkling beams from nearby highway.

There's one particular apartment which stood out among the rest, there's a beautiful huge book shelve which was rested on the back wall and one can safetly assume that the other wall would be typically the one reserved for TV and such. One wonders, what kind of lives does this people live. Are they happy? Don't you think that they have it all? I would love to have books and shelves and armchairs and all. One of these days. Then my friends can come over and chill over a drink and we can look out from the balcony or chat over a cigarette or two.

Looking at my life, I am happy up to a certain degree. There was some conversations with colleagues and also Bitch Jr about men and relationships. They all concluded that I am quite anti relationship and come off totally unromantic. I didn't attempt to correct them. I am actually a sucker for romance. I love romance. But as one reaches the age that I am at, one has to be realistic. It's not as though as saying relationships and romance is not being real but for me at least, it's totally surreal. I can imagine myself in those lovely situation but that will only make me unhappy.

Instead I concentrate on what is more real (to me at least) . Seriously, no one can have it all. I certainly can't and won't. I am still searching and working on what will make me happy. I really hope all my hard work will pay off somehow. One day perhaps I will find that home where I can really do all the books thingy. As for the man in the house that reads with you, I don't know. I am not looking to have it all and if that's the compromise that I have to make, so be it then.

Oh, they are playing S'wonderful on the jazz channel. Oh God, wouldn't it be wonderful if...

On another note, what do you guys think about these two commercials? Feedback is welcomed.

Version 1
Version 2

Comments

drownedglass said…
To be honest, this is a pretty normal ad, compared to most of the ads I've seen from this company. I like the quacking rubber duckie at the end - in reference to the previous campaign, I suppose?

But these days "quack quack quack" makes me wanna buy Ahli Fiqir rather than switch telcos :P

By the way, you voyeur! I wanna have bookshelf like that but then I'd have to dustproof my home first...
savante said…
Getting the bookshelf and the comfy armchair is easy enough - even filling it up with the prerequisite books. :) I have that and I got lovely matching library lamps.

But getting a boyfriend who likes books... hell that's difficult.
drownedglass said…
-raises hands-
I like books!
Buaya said…
I like books too... But my boy does not really apprciate them as much... :p

I wanna do up my place to cater to the books too... :p
Jonzz said…
About the ads, the song actually sounds catchy initially but it becomes irritating because it seems to be dragged on too long.

In terms of the imagery and characters, I think Version 2 is only slightly better than Version 1.

Umm, just my personal opinion.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton