Drinks (and story) on me

I must say that it's been quite an experience to actually talk to people and see those that are actually quite out out there. Out out there being these are the one who actually frequent drinking holes and this and that party. Normally I don't see myself having to indulge in such talks because as much as it shocks you, my previous agency cares more about doing and finishing their work and then have quiet private life instead of drinking and doing something noisy.

It seems that the routine here is drinks. Drinks and more drinks. Drinks with the client. Drinks for dinner. Drinks after 6. Drinks at work (hidden stash of emergency vodka). And drinks for all occasion. For me, I do enjoy a drink or two or three or four but not that often. First of all, it's really expensive. Then my friends are not really mad about them. For me, it's something you do with the company of your friends. I would all rather spend all my money as you would have guess on more loot. Not that I can afford any these days but that's another story.

Anyhow, I guess I will be try to be less anti social when it comes to that at work. Everyone is always asking for drink this and that. I guess it will really depend on my mood. I am never known to make decisions or behave differently just because it will be good for work. I have to be comfortable with it and hence if it's a career suicide move, so be it. It has to pass my comfort level first and foremost. You can tell now that I won't be those who really go far. Then again, I can't really stand those who really go far anyway via sucking up and doing this according to "procedures" - something that is a cult here.

So over the weekend was fun. Drinks are there. Cigarette as well. What else? It's over before you know it and how true it is. Now it's to look forward to the next weekend or so. I have been quite lucky recently since it's amazingly free and everyone was like this is the calm before the storm and yup, the storm will be coming soon alright. And if you see me MIA for awhile, you would know.

Comments

savante said…
Watch your liver, my friend :)

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton