Hey beautiful

As I was waiting for my stupid Client to approve my stupid FA (that's finished artwork for you peeps out there) and have to wait further for the test proof to come back (you need to check the color before you can output the file and then send to the media owners like magazines for printing), I got chatting with our resident Mr Know It All ID Man and everything in between - Adrienz. Our usual bitching would consist of either his cute brother or his unhealthy obsession with "something".

So Mr Know It All told me to go browsing at TrendsNow which quite fun as it merges everything that a bitch like me would love - fashion, architecture, design and everything beautiful.

Somehow I got linked to another great site called Design Hotel, a website to take note when there's extra cash for holidaying (which literally translate to never because there always nothing extra) and it was amazing. Super amazing browsing through all these boutique-like hotels. Surely a departure from the norm, I still shivers whenever I think about those god awful lobby of old Genting Highland hotels with its fake roman columns and shit. Good money on a daily basis are wasted on crap like that.

Another bad example would be Segi College. I am sure some of you might have heard of them, it's their Roman and Greek inspired crap. Oh god, someone pls tell Datuk Clement that they should sack the ID person. Then again, knowing them they probably raped the poor ID guy's first sketch. Enough about the ugly, here's some of my fav:

Malaysia made it to the list with our ultra expensive Datai and Andaman. Where's Four Seasons btw?

New Majestic - Singapore
Can I say hot? I am abit unsure about the hanging beds and all but the lights from below does give it a great glow effect. Looks very cosy and with only 30 rooms I am sure it is.

The Library - Koh Samui, Thailand
Mr Know It All and I was just talking about what are my prefered style and I was saying that it is usually Asian resort but I do have a bit of liking for modern and industrial looks as well. He said both can be married and look here. a small touch of oriental designs just to give it a Thai identity.

Costa Lanta - Krabi, Thailand
This one is a little too bare and depressing for my liking, again great drama with it's play with huge ass opening to the rooms.

I think our Ed girl should take note - if you ever get your ass down to opening your own 'place', I think looking at these great places is a good start. Not like can afford to make the whole place like that but it's never bad to be inspired. Talking about being inspired makes me wanna itch and itch and itch and itch looking at these goodies. If only our bookstore stores enough of them around

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh yeah btw, I did my photoshoot at this studio, I wished there's more complete picture of it...it's quite nice. Very close to Fei Mui's house only.

Comments

savante said…
Ooh I love those books! But so expensive... sayangnya.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton