Brit Girl (You card has retired)

So there was that drama episode on Friday, it wasn’t that bad and I guess thinking about now is the gutted feeling that I could have sold the bag for thousands and it was so close yet so far. Imagine what I can do with the monies – shoes, belts and bags galore I am telling you. However there was abit of good news on Friday itself – I won a brand new phone.

While it’s good news to me, some people are not too amused – my friends said that it was unfair, how can I win it and Miss Edwina even said I was rebuked my last post saying that everything that I own, I have worked for it. The truth is, there’s nothing free about that phone which I won. Yes, I confessed that my client organized the contest. However, I did NOT handle it. I did NOT choose the winners. I have NO power to influence my client to do so. In fact I DISLIKE the client who handled that competition. Furthermore, I joined using my sister’s name.

I took two days to think about the slogans and researched some the words and rewrote it over and over again. If that’s not hard work, what is? Contest is all about strategy. In order to win at the first place – you have to join. Sounds easy right but that’s the problem with many people, they are too lazy to even submit the contest forms. You have to connect your slogans with the products and the brand. Most contest organizers love it when you kiss their ass in the slogan and if it’s all rhyming and mushy, the better. Since I need a new phone anyway, I guess this could be a good thing…I might even consider selling it to buy another phone. Who knows.

Talking about buying, I have finally succumbed to temptation and made my debut into Ted Baker’s store in BV yesterday. Of course I know all about the brand and etc etc, it’s quirky and quintessentially English (which is what I like about British designers/labels) but with half the cost of Paul Smith. Well, you can’t really compare that two since Ted Baker is obviously the much inferior sister. The markdown prices are very good, some of the shirts are in good quality and 300 (before discount) a pop for it isn’t too shady of a deal. It’s the same cost you pay for much more inferior mass factory production like Zara and Dutti anyway (speaking of which, I found out that an ex course mate is working for Gagan – the company who brought the labels over, he did not strike me as someone who is into fashion but with a degree in IT, it takes tons of guts to forgo executive job and work on a shop level)

Since I have been bitching about no able to afford any new shoes (sneakers for that matter) from Paul Smith, I ended up buying one that is still quite cute (I have to confess, it’s not the best thing on earth since sliced bread but I quite like it) from Ted Baker. It’s blue as you can see down here, with its patterned fabric all around and signature tag at the back.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comes with two types of shoe lace and when I got back and looked closer, there was two embroidery of the signature on the side of the shoes. Not too bad for 140 bucks eh?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh yeah, I was browsing through ebay when I chanced upon this. Like hell, who would pay THAT KIND OF OBSCENE money for that UGLY PAIR of whatever limited edition? I mean like heloooooooooooooooooo. Even the legendary Birkin doesn’t cost THAT MUCH.

There’s just soooooo many good stuff and shoes over at BV. Now I was just complaining to my girlfriend that I am not so crazy about the pricing. It’s not that I care for the image and I need to tell everyone that I bought this and that from here and there but the sad truth is, if you are a guy and you want something unique and quirky, chances are you won’t find it everywhere with a low price tag. Sometimes I just want a simple and non-ugly pair of shoes and it’s like too much to ask. What is wrong with the designers and buyers out there?

So, after many episodes of maxing my card, I have finally put it to rest. Yes, I am leaving my credit card at home. It’s that serious. Well at least until I saved enough for my Bangkok trip anyway. I so need to get my Burberry bag, belt and shirt. Sigh.

Comments

adrien said…
eekz! a hundred grand for football boots? "i'd rather [insert verb]" - say it with me now.
Janvier said…
What was the phone you won?
savante said…
Maxing out the credit card seems to be par for the course for me. Sigh.

What in the world would adrien rather be doing? :O
darn ed said…
okay, okay, my grave-est mistake. sorry honey, yes, u worked hard for the bloody phone too. please spare this ditzy bitch the spanking kay !

btw, love love love the shoes. Print-ed sneakers are phwooooar !
William said…
The one with the slide?

Ages since I won anything. :(
Anonymous said…
hey! just wondering, how much did u pay for those unique pair of shoes from ted baker, eh?
thompsonboy said…
140.00 after discount. When I bought my mine, there's still size 8 and 10 available

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton