Thinking about it again

Weekend is a time I normally enjoy spending at home. Lazing around. In front of the telly. If anyone care to ask, I usually start the day with wan tan mee (dry) on Saturday and pan mee (dry) on Sunday followed by the paper and then TV and afternoon nap. Best of all, I get to catch my cutie designer, Tim Hitchens (he’s not really that cute lar but there’s something sexy about a creative person, his hair and men who wear clothes that fit them and not 3 size bigger) on Day Trip Designer (now showing on Discovery Travel and Living) going around Europe talking about everything furniture and design from the much coveted chaise longue (that’s the French lazychair for you deco dummies and it’s pictured down here) to fabulous Danish designer Arne Jacobsen. You can feel his passion as he speaks about them and get really dreamy looking at his dimples. If one person can be so passionate about furniture, imagine how it will translate to sex? Ahem…that’s what you get for eating wan tan mee every weekend I guess. It does something to your brain.


Anyone knows the name of the huge lamp? It’s really designer-ish and been featured almost everywhere and anywhere. Even my art director proposed it as a visual prop for my white goods client ad. Real crass if you ask me.

Anyway, of late, I sort of gotten myself wet over some wonderful interior books as well. I am not going all artsy, I am still the ghetto girl from Bronx, y’all! It’s really good when you are just too tired to think and read – lots and lots of pictures. My current dig is this one called Asian Resorts by Tan Hock Beng. He is sorta like this master of Asian architecture, just do a search and his name will come up with books on those subjects. Really really beautiful pictures, just makes you want to take things easy and get away from it all. At least with RM50, one can still afford to dream even though far from rich enough to go to the places pictured in the book.

Speaking of monies, one of the things that are bothering me is the fact that I busted my finances of late buying crap. Sure, I was very happy about but somehow somewhere deep inside me there is this Catholic school-boy like guilt that was taunting me. Though it’s a consolation that my condition is not as dire as some people but I do think it’s borderline dangerous. Imagine this, me and Cookie went to this dodgy place on Sunday that promises cheap Paul Smith stuff. Going out on Sunday just for clothes!!! As if!!! Despite our better judgments, we went there anyway and no surprise for disappointment. There was soooo many temptations over the weekend when I was at Curve – this belt and that belt and I just bought one the other day.



And Fei Mui just passed me my vintage Paul Smith t shirt which I got from ebay (5 quid inclu delivery, which is like really cheap and take a look, isn’t that quite pretty?, my first ever PS T shirt you know)…what is wrong with me???!!! I really need to revaluate my own personal system. Yeah speak for myself, I just bid on this bag and shoes, doubt I will win but somehow it satisfies me even just for awhile. What if I win? Well, I haven’t thought about it that far as yet. I have bills to pay this month and reminders for my car and insurance policy being due is not something I want in my mailbox.




Perhaps letters letting me know that I have just won 20 grand. Now that would be grand. I already know what I want to buy with that obscene amount of money…

Cookie….help!!! I think he will just pull a Madonna (ala hung up, you see) on me cause I have no cure.

P.s. I have really nasty bed sheets, don't you think?

Comments

adrien said…
it's called the Arco lamp. :)
William said…
Yeah, nice T. What do you mean by nasty? Stained? Bed Bugs? :P
thompsonboy said…
Oh right thanks. Arent u an ID student or somefink? Damn u LICT students for not joining my ID contest!
adrien said…
yeap, me an ID student.

WHAT CONTEST!?
thompsonboy said…
the air Cond contest la..sungguh!

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton