NOT going to make nice

As I was going about and doing my things today, I’ve just realised something that have made me really resentful. Here I am running the show – without anyone to report to other than my MD – I don’t really do that since I was told to only show and tell him anything deemed urgent. On another hand, my boss is nicely leaving me away for 2 weeks for fabulous European fun in Cannes.

We did received news that we were shortlisted for the prestigious Cannes Lion award and results will remain to be seen this Thursday. It’s like not really 100% my account and I did tried selling it once – a year ago to the Client without any success. Anyway, that’s not the part of my resentment.

When I wanted to leave, part of reasons is that I felt I’ve doubting my own capabilities. Else, why wouldn’t they promote me or raise my salary? Maybe I am not that good. That went on for a year. Maybe I should try harder and I did that. Now that I have resigned, they are opening out the position and offering lots of money which never went to me. They did counter offered but that is just to keep me around and not because they think I am worthy. They said that I am not ready for promotion. Funny thing is when it comes to appraisal, I am deemed unworthy but when they need a holiday and dump everything to me, it seemed as though I turned Superwoman overnight. I am doing and running things way ahead of my position and salary.

If I am the bottom of the foodchain whore that they want to keep me as, why on should I be doing all my bosses work? Why don’t I sit there, look pretty and just execute what they ask me to do? These people are just disgusting. There was a lot of drama that went on before my boss went on leave which I am too tired to talk about but the gist of it is that I will never be welcomed back to this agency and knowing and understanding how they valued me, I don’t want to. But work will still go on, resentful as it is because I am fabulous. Just because people are nasty, doesn’t mean I have to be. I let them do whatever they want. Go on, raise those other motherfackers. Give them their promotion. Send your favourite bitches and two faced whores for training. I am leaving for a better place.

Now that I have said my peace, I can move on to better things. I need to get some things sorted. I am still feeling good despite all the fungus – after all buying something that came in a blue turquoise box with white bow will sure to cheer a gay boy up…at least for one or two weeks.

Comments

Ah Kiong said…
help is never around at agencies...
Buaya said…
Sounds like you made a very good choice to leave... *hugs* Sounds like me in my previous company... *Sigh*...
William said…
You're at the home stretch. Hang in there.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton