What are you expecting?

Who are you expecting?
Today was abit tiring and I was expecting the worst. Wasted…well I really shouldn’t be using that word as I have achieved a substantial number of sampling. The truth is, I am in a middle of project for my client that requires data collecting and giving out samples and I can tell you – it was hell. Have done a few of those shit and each time a flop. It’s not easy to get people to participate even if it’s free and for their own good.

Anyway, I received a call from my organizer yesterday that they need more manpower over the weekend to capture the crowd and was wondering if I have promoters to spare. My budget is busted and hence the only promoter I have is me, myself and I. However, the prospect of collecting 400+ data on a day by myself is next to no prospect. Immediately I thought of calling some friends for help.

The first call to Miss C wasn’t too successful because the first thing she said was, what if my boss sees me? I was immediately annoyed by that comment and yes I acknowledge that Miss C might be a professional and they have to conduct themselves in the best behaviour to put a good light into the profession but I disagree that just because of that you can’t help a friend. Besides, it’s not like she’s getting paid for that and the sampling work it’s nothing to be ashamed about. It’s good and honest task. We are not selling anything. I am doing it myself. On the ground. Maybe someone could shed some light on the professional body to me but whatever, I wasn’t too happy when someone just jump that professional body gun on me immediately. Though she did offer at the end to help, I decided not to take it and thought that my sister (biological) would be of a better and willing help until I found out that she’s leaving for a holiday trip on said event day.

I then decided to call another friend, Miss A and as expected she greeted and brushed it off gently and offers to come and see me do my work while she gets her coffee. In fact, she said perhaps we could have coffee together. In my mind I thought Miss A, if I have so much time to have coffee, I wouldn’t be there at the first place. I am not there for leisure. I know that having a man in her life would probably take up much of her time but perhaps she could lay off the humping for just a day?

I have to say that I was extremely disappointed by the reactions that I received even though I half expected it to be that way. It is a Sunday after all and everyone has worked really hard throughout the week. Everyone has their own problems and stress and they rightfully deserved their break. I would probably feel very guilty for robbing their Sunday rest. Truthfully, if someone asked me for such a favour, I would have probably say no.

But thinking back, I have done many of those things for Miss A when she begged me to go for this and that shit. Even on Sunday. Even when I really didn’t want to go. People said that when things go bad, you will know who your real friends are.
However, I can’t agree with that.

These friends have done GREAT and BIG things for me in the past and they are the best that anyone could ask. So what was wrong? What went wrong? Nothing really. I have realized that the only wrong here is me. Me and my expectations. My wrong expectations. Wrong and selfish.

In friendship, you don’t expect a return. You don’t expect what others can do for you. What you need to expect is, what will you do when you friends need you. How far will you go for your friends?

I would say that I would go as far as not forcing them to come and help me even though it would nice to have some help. All said and done, I managed the numbers today and luckily the organizer was a great help. Here’s to 3 more Sundays of working. Fun. Well, at least next week’s event is on the boys and there will sure to have eye candies. Always looking at the brighter side of life.

Sweet Expect
A few, three to be exact of my orchids are flowering and I am much excite over them. One has always been consistently churning out the purple beauties – sure even though that particular plant is very generic but orchids as all orchids are very classy and there’s something very poise about them. They don’t bloom all the time and everytime they do, it lasts for a very long time.

The other two is a first timer – in fact one have never bloomed before that I am not really sure if it’s really blooming. I got it together with Cookie and it’s been awhile, a good 6 months since I bought it home? Anyway, watch this space for more.

Stupid Malaysian’s expectations
I had the chance to talk to the producer and director of a local reality series that my client is a sponsoring and she was telling me how difficult it was to please everybody because they demand so much from the makeover. I asked her, wasn’t those prizes – thousands in ringgits free? Why should anyone in their right mind ask so many questions and demand this and that? She did however have the luxury of saying well, if you are so fussy then perhaps we can select someone else for the program and immediately not only stupid but greedy Malaysians decided to shut the greedy gab up. This is kiasu went wild. Digusting pigs!

Speaking of more stupidity, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at the recent commotion between bloggers and stupid Ministers. First it was the cringe-worthy forcing all Malaysian bloggers to register some shit with them and then now back and forth blaming bloggers for spreading ‘rumours’. The only thing that they are worried about bloggers is that we spread the news to the world on how stupid they are. If they have shame to begin with, they would watch what they say in the parliament, as they are accustomed to giving dumb, sexist, chauvinist comments and suggestions.

Great Expectations
A friend texted me today and told me about some of the things which I wrote on my blog on being true to oneself and to the world – coming out and not acting this or that. Well, that girl finally came out to the world and to his parent so to speak.

I have to say that I am sure it must be many things that have gone through his mind and life beyond he decides to come out and I don’t think I have anything to do with that.. However, I am glad for him as I always believe in this powerful Bible verse – You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.

He said that the freedom that I have described in my blog are not anywhere near – after all, Rome wasn’t built in a day and I have been out since I was 19. Things will certainly get better and you will certainly grow better at letting people know who you truly are. Friends will find it easier to accept as time goes by and as for parent, I have to salute that girl. I might be out to everyone but never to my parents. It’s a matter of personal choice, really on what kind of relationship you have with them, what are the pros and cons of doing so and what you expect to achieve from that. Everyone is different and every case is not the same.

Good for you, girlfriend!

Comments

Buaya said…
I am working the last Saturday and Sunday and it will be like that for the coming and the next weekends... *Sigh*...

Oh, congrats on the orchids... Mine never bloomed... Think it is time I take a break and concentrate on the good things instead...
Anonymous said…
Looking forward to see them bloom :)

all the best this coming Sun
darn ed said…
rain or shine, ur one heck of a fierce lemonade churner, that's for sure.

Work it, girl. And if u need some volunteer come next Sun, give this tranny a call !

*wink*
William said…
Thanks for the vote of confidence gf!
Las montañas said…
keep us updated on your orkids!
Derek said…
Yes, I am so proud of him too!

Oh yeah, you should post pics of the orchids!

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton