The Point Being

I can’t remember where I was this morning to be exact. I knew I had an appointment with one of the college’s rep to discuss over a competition that my client organized and I knew that I was dangerously late. All said and done, I made in time which is quite expected because of passing millions of traffic lights in the area where I stay, it would smooth sailing all the way. Kinda made me felt that if there wasn’t the need to constantly stop every few metres of so, everyone would have save plenty of money using the old back road instead of paying the toll.

Now, I wasn’t being a cheapskate – it’s just that the location that I was heading too is easier to reach by using the non paying roads. After a 30 minute or so presentation, I was ready to leave. Wasn’t feeling too perk up to head to my next destination. Haven’t been feeling that way for a very long time. But you need to do, what you need to do. So as I was dragging my feet, not literally of course in my car – lo and behold a billboard that announces the fabulous attractions of our country for this Year’s tourism campaign. While I think the Malaysia Eye is pretty much crap and redundant, it serves a purpose. Giving people a chance to see the city from high up but wait…isn’t that KL Tower is offering? And for those who love their drinks – Luna Bar and Sky Bar? But what is more crap is the Aerospace exhibition in Subang.

One begs to question – what we have done and achieved in terms of traveling out from earth enough to hold an exhibition? Measat and our TV satellite? Why would anyone, esp foreigner for that matter be remotely interested? Have they actually ask themselves and conduct surveys on visitors as to why people visit our country? For our copycat Malaysia Eye? For our crappy tour bus ala London Tour? For our white elephants aka Putrajaya ugly and cold buildings? No. Here’s a hint. They came for our history and culture. Something that is not preserved and being torn down on a daily basis. Things that our lovely government tears down in order to make way for gaudy and tasteless things built up and designed by half past six local grads or unqualified shits whom we sent overseas to study when they can’t muster a few words of English.

Hey, maybe our country is indeed unique if you think about it again. Beyond the fake smiling and harmonious façade of the commercials played over and over again to promote Malaysia Truly Asia. Maybe we are truly Asia – when it comes to all the bad and ugly side of Asia. So what’s my point again? Really nothing. Just like our Tourism campaign.

I am in the midst of something important in my life and I can’t do anything about me. I don’t have the mood to talk about it. Ranting helps. Hope you enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton