I have never really thought about my top 10 list when it comes to book, I have read a few in my lifetime (tee-hee!) and while some are good, some are just alright but some really touched me and changed my view and perspective in life.
Some of this books belongs to a part of my life that was in the past and reading them again connects me to those memories – like reading Enid Blyton made my mind revisit my primary school days – really carefree and I had my mind and ass deep down in my imaginary world. Well anyway, those were the days.
The Star has called for a Top 10 poll and while some are difficult to decide, the others are easy. There are some non-fiction works which I really love as well but rules are rules, only fiction. So, this is my life off hand. FYI, Pride and Prejudice was the #1 book in a poll conducted in UK last year if memory serves me right.
1. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
2. The Remains of The Day – Kazuo Ishiguro
3. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. The Importance of Being Earnest – Oscar Wilde
5. Bergdorf Blondes – Plum Sykes
6. The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
7. The Five People You Meet In Heaven – Mitch Albom
8. Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
9. I Am Legend – Richard Matheson
10. The Witching Hour – Anne Rice
So, what is your top 10? No, Vogue, Cosmo, Vanity Fair and InStyle DOESNT count!