Top Read

I have never really thought about my top 10 list when it comes to book, I have read a few in my lifetime (tee-hee!) and while some are good, some are just alright but some really touched me and changed my view and perspective in life.

Some of this books belongs to a part of my life that was in the past and reading them again connects me to those memories – like reading Enid Blyton made my mind revisit my primary school days – really carefree and I had my mind and ass deep down in my imaginary world. Well anyway, those were the days.

The Star has called for a Top 10 poll and while some are difficult to decide, the others are easy. There are some non-fiction works which I really love as well but rules are rules, only fiction. So, this is my life off hand. FYI, Pride and Prejudice was the #1 book in a poll conducted in UK last year if memory serves me right.

1. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
2. The Remains of The Day – Kazuo Ishiguro
3. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. The Importance of Being Earnest – Oscar Wilde
5. Bergdorf Blondes – Plum Sykes
6. The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
7. The Five People You Meet In Heaven – Mitch Albom
8. Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
9. I Am Legend – Richard Matheson
10. The Witching Hour – Anne Rice

So, what is your top 10? No, Vogue, Cosmo, Vanity Fair and InStyle DOESNT count!

Comments

Buaya said…
Wah... I am so uncultured compared to you...

I read 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven'...

But I actually read Catherine Lim, Amy Tan and Sophie Kinsella...
William said…
Does "The Star" count?
thompsonboy said…
There's nothing 'culture' about Bergdorf Blondes ok!

I will go there and slap you William bitch
savante said…
Read all those ( except I Am Legend! Is that good? ) and totally agree they should be somewhere in the list! Would add certain books such as Little Women and Tale of Two Cities though.

Picking ten fave books is impossible!
QUIK! said…
omg ur blog is so boringzzzzzzzzzzz
jasmin said…
ah yes... good old anne shirley and the witching hour. can't go wrong with those two.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton