In mood for Mr Darcy

It's Tuesday and I am feeling like it's taking me forever to get through the week. Upstairs' Bitch has invited me to go for doggie shopping. Her bitch sister took away her dog aptly called Gucci. Though I hardly know that poor girl but she's so skinny (I much approve) and small that you can't help pinching. Of course Gucci is very fierce for a dog of her size. Anyway, that's a close as I will get to any dogs or living beings for that matter.

To make things more bearable, I have decided to get myself a dvd release of Pride and Prejudice (Joe Wright version) after I've found out that my pirated ahem or rather my friend's pirated copy is no longer with me. I wasn't too impressed with Matthew Macfayden as Mr. Darcy at first (most of us are strong supporter of Colin Firth) but the more I watch it, I am begining to have a feel for him.

There's really not many modern days Mr Darcy to go around, I mean where else can you find a rich man with a heart of gold? He's that strong silent and proud type and woman in Britain voted Darcy as the man they would love to date most. I couldn't disagree with that. Darcy comes second to Mr Knightley from Emma. That name Knightley is enough to melt my tongue and heart. Mr Knightley, Mr Knightley...ahhh

My fav scene is when he decided that he couldn't contain his feelings anymore and confessed to Lizzie during that rain scene. Wet hair - yummy. Puppy love sick eyes - extra yummy. Besides that, the cinematography (is that how you spell it?) is amazing, just like how Motherland is though I have not been to many Lake Districts county to judge.

Let's go through the special features, shall we?

Special Features
Audio Commentary By Director Joe Wright
Alternative USA Ending - Americans just want lovely dovey in your face ending - PAH!
The Politics Of Dating
The Stately Homes Of Pride And Prejudice
The Bennets
The Life And Times Of Jane Austin
On Set Diaries
Galleries Of The 19th Century
Pride And Prejudice Family Tree

One down, another to go - Pride & Prejudice: Anniversary Edition: 2dvd is another must have, this is the famed BBC version and still command a very high demand on ebay. We shall wait and see before I get strucked by the Darcy bug again.

Comments

savante said…
Ah. Jeremy Northam as Mr Knightley. Scrumptious. Faultless.
Janvier said…
Only on eBay? <:(

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton