Questions and Answer

Lately, I admit that besides doing nothing much at work, I have been preoccupied with something – Yahoo! Answers. I would have thought of that, years ago when I search and toiled for answers to my never ending online question. What on earth was codec, how do one go around coding html and etc etc. Gone are the days when you need to beg and email someone for help and information only to find them ignoring you or the email address is no longer valid. All you can do is go on desperate search in hope that you will find the solutions.

Some of the questions are quite typical and some are downright silly. I quite enjoy reading questions posed by students looking for answers to their assignments and while I can understand where they are coming from, I can’t help finding them very silly – questions like is outdoor advertising the way of the future and replacing TV and Print and etc etc. Then there are some enquiries on Malaysia or in the Fashion and accessories section which prove to be just as entertaining and time passing worthy.

Some questions like many in life is harder while some are easier to be dealt with. I have two answered this week

How do you say no to something you don’t want to do?
The answer is actually simpler than it looks – while we go about doing many things that we dislike, there are some that we actually have control of. Take for example, it is a common thing to conduct money collection for any colleague’s birthday. Normally the sum is somewhat affordable and since we are all doing the same job – we know we are all underpaid with many commitments. However this time around the collection is actually for BITCH. Now I have complained about BITCH in the past but since BITCH never actually crosses my path or anything, I just leave BITCH alone. But the sum has came up to a very ridiculous amount and I was contemplating if I should chip in. It’s like you are paying a lot for a BITCH that you don’t even like and on top of it something which you can’t afford. Saying no is usually difficult because you don’t want to come across as a mean scrooge and it was after all a good will.

Later, I found out that BITCH actually refused to partake in some of my other colleague’s birthday collection and hence I braved myself and say no. Looking at it, I am sure BITCH doesn’t like me just as much and wouldn’t have taken part if it was my birthday. Besides the BITCH can very well afford to buy expensive things and I don’t see why we should be buying anything expensive for BITCH. BITCH spent on tons of generic yawn-worthy high street clothes so that’s BITCH own fault. Since NO ONE in the office remembered my birthday, to the hell with them. Saying no is actually very easy especially when you are saving and starving for a new bag.

When do you give up?
As I was driving back home early today – lately it has been around 6plus for me and I have to admit that it’s quite nice to find time to go home at decent hours and all when I saw this really nice looking fella in the car next to me. Immediately I wished and said to myself, why can’t I have someone just as nice in my life? That’s what I don’t like about being free – I think too much. I guess enough is enough. It has been 8 years. 8 years of rejection and disappointments.

I admit that while I don’t actively seek out for a boyfriend, there’s a part of me that yearns and hope that one day, perhaps just one day that it would be my turn to experience the joy of love. You can’t go on date expecting the world, true but you can’t go on one expecting nothing as well. After all that I have been through or the lack of it, I think I am ready to throw the towel. It is just heart breaking every time you sort of build everything up and end up biting dust.

I don’t see why I need my existence to be validated by a man and the attached status. It’s like my whole life is here on the plate waiting for a person to come and complete the jigsaw and I don’t feel whole if I don’t have a boyfriend. It’s not right. It’s sad but I can’t help feeling that way. People can say that I am picky and all shit but you know what? At the end of the day, I know who I am and what my expectations are – believe me, there are very realistic and down to earth. I won’t call myself handsome but would like to think that I am hardly butt ugly. I have a fabulous career and I am at the right age and right place. What is not right is that there’s no Mr Right.

Sure, perhaps you can say that I didn’t try hard enough. I did that and it didn’t work. I tried pretending not care and not try at all. It didn’t work as well. You don’t just go out and grab someone, do you? What is so simple for others is like a task for me – I see kids younger than me getting all sorts of boyfriend and stuff.

It’s the time. It’s the time to completely give up and face the fact. I am not going to find someone. The sooner that I learn and accept the fact, the easier it is that I can get on with life. I don’t think I can live with yet another heartbreak and frankly it’s not worth it anymore. I am very scared of that. It’s funny how bold I was when I was young – giving my heart away like that as if it’s free. I am sure that some of you would go like don’t worry you will find somebody shit and etc. I have one thing to say to you. You bitches do not know what it felt to be me. The same me who went through 8 years of rejections. Most of you bitches are in a relationship anyway so save the trouble with advices and all. Those bitches who have been through what I have would understand.
I am sure that I will miss out on all the expensive anniversaries gifts and late night calls but it’s a risk that I am willing to take. It’s as simple as mind over matter and training yourself to be immune to that kind of shit.

I will learn to be contented as fabulous and single. I won’t be one of those people which I detest who can’t type a sentence without mentioning their boyfriend or the lack of it in every line. I won’t feel bad when I see nice and happy couples in front of me and wished for it on myself. Hell, maybe when I turn 40, I can invite everyone to a I married myself party – after all these bitches need to pay me back for all their wedding and baby shower contribution over the years.

That’s right people. I can call off the search. The call for entry is over. The door is closed. The boat has sailed. The language is leaving me. The language has left me.

I am single, fabulous and amd learning to love it. So fuck you.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton