My house

Yes darlings, to continue from the euphoria of all new things that will be making my way I so need to talk about my recent and upcoming purchases.

House of Om featuring DJ Colette & DJ Heather
Heard a few tracks from Colette thanks to her collabo with Kaskade and since this is a very house affair, why not? Comes in two cd and the sample showed or rather sound no wrong. Female DJs in the industry are rare and this supposedly featured two of the best in the states. I am guessing Heather's will be alil be more towards the tribal, smooth house with tinge of rnbness.

Andy Caldwell - Universal Truth
Someone posted this album in one of the dance forum which I go to some time or another and I have been captured by a few tracks and one of them is Warrior. Again, Andy is a good collabo with Kaskade and I heard his work before esp on the track Everything. So why not? It's just 0.01 cent. Yes you can buy CDs that cheap.

OM Winter Sessions remixed by Johnny Fiasco and Justin Martin
I have to confess, the only reason I bought this was because it was 1.99 pound and it has two cds. Most of the tracks, I have not heard of and also not knowing what kind of statute Fiasco and Martin is in but hey I trust OM and I trust house.

Peter Rauhofer - Essential Mix
Another one cent cd. No idea why I bought it but again Rauhofer has been a staple in Roxy for ages and been getting abit of fame lately with a few commercial remixes for pop artiste. This is more heavy hitting and tribal than his usual set but for that price (double cd as well), no one should complain.

Colette - Hypnotized
Well, what do we have here? Yes, Colette overload. I have to confess that even though her voice is nothing to shout about, there's just some smoothness to it that works really well with OM's sounds. Another one cent purchase.

Stonebridge - Can't Get Enough
Had abit of hit one two years back with Put Em High, before that Stonebridge is quite wellknown for his remixes and all but this album is pure joy. I am not expert reviewer but you just have to trust me innit. Even Fei Mui with his usual flaw in music got this album.

Chicane - Behind The Sun
Hardly surprising since I wanted to get this on original cd since forever. Chicane is the FIRST so called dance artist that I've listened to and to date, this is one of my fav album. Time to get the real thing instead of just ripping off the mp3s. Everyone SHOULD get this album now that is dirt cheap on ebay. Fifty pence I think.

Dido - Life For Rent
Okay, so one will ask what is Dido doing here but her roots are running with musical veins pumping from Faithless and her brother..whats his name..Rollo or some shit. Anyway, it's a good after hour cd and you can not go wrong with my post holiday track like Sand In My Shoes and Mary In India. Nocturnal never sounded so good. Fifty pence again.

Finally, Fei Mui if you are reading this and wondering where on earth are these cds gonna go, look no further. It has been instructed to be mailed and delivered into your male box. We know how much you like receiving ala Easy. Of course for some of the bids, I can get them to send to me in KL but I have already lost my faith in Pos Tanah Melayu long time ago. I won't even trust them with my used Kleenex.

Speaking of used, I am so tired now. Been slaving the whole day getting rid of junk inside my trunk. Yes, three bags of recyclable paper materials and three bags of non recyclable thrash. One stack of text books from college (which btw, I dreamt about college exam..AGAIN. I think it must be those books giving me the evils, it's time to get rid of bad aura). After getting rid of them and also dusting almost everywhere I have finally came to my senses. I have been throwing money. I've spent so much in the past buying this and that and all of them ended up in the bin.

Cookie did said that without those post teen thrash, I would never be who I am today. The spending, the naive spending and pop tart craziness is what make who I am today. Without them, I would be an IT nerd. No agency would want to hire me. OMG! But whatever it is, I have learnt my lesson well. Cookie, be my witness (not just on my fitness), I shall never buy anything crap every again.

Rule #1 If it's cute then don't buy.
Cute bottle from Shrek 2. Check. Cute bottle with Puss In Boots from Shrek 2. Check. Two god knows what you call them shaking head from Shrek 2. Check. Two of those from Madagascar. Check. One Madgascar Penguin pencil set. Check. You get the drill. No more buying just because it's cute, slapped with everything cuddly or has Doraemon face on it. Just don't buy!!! Walk again. I am so proud of myself the other day, I put back the Doraemon stationary set to shelf instead of forking out hard earned dough for it.

Oh yeah...stop buying fucking souveniers..ppl!!! It's cute but useless. I end up throwing them. Gimme money...heheheh or clothes. Clothes..make sure size S ONLY.

Rule #2 At most just download.
You don't fucking have to own everything from singles to t shirt to sanitary pad of this or that artiste, unless of course if they are fucking fabulous and cool to mention like Joni Mitchell or Annie Lennox. JUST FUCKING STOP BUYING.

Rule #3 Only buy books, clothes and THATS ALL.
I think that is really self explanatory. Even books I have to be careful with cause its filling up like 2 shelves and I really have no space for that kind of shit anymore.

Ok, now back to work you lazybones. Oh yeah, I even threw out all the cards and basically all the sweet things your friend did for you. I used to find it hard to let go but end of the day, what counts is not in those cards. Memories inside you. Cookie said what if one day, your friend died and you have nothing to remember them by? Ermm...memories? So he went like what if you lost of your memory or something? That girl seriously need to stop watching TVB. If one doesnt know better amnesia could be the #1 killer in Hong Kong. Well hon...now I have my blog. Okay, what if the server chrash...oh what if, what if what if....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments

William said…
Ah, untouched.

I don't have a single original CD to my name. Can you believe that?
thompsonboy said…
SUNGGUH! If artiste depends on pirates like u..they will starve. Thank god my western artist doesnt just depend on Thief SEA market or else there wont be any sweet music left in the world....
cookieboy said…
Umm...didn't you forced me to munch on pop corns the other day so you can have that Happy Feet umbrella?!?!
thompsonboy said…
I know...I shall NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. U can be my witness ala Fergielicious

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton