The game of love

And what kind of statement am I trying to send out here if I am scandalously at home on a Friday night? Probably a few excuses - I am too tired or I have been away from home so much that I am trying to find time to be back to my nest as much as possible. Anyone can tell that is lie and I have no social or love life.

It really still amazes me what kind of string of luck that is imposed on and against me. Through time and time again, dating is indeed a game and it's all about playing it right. But somehow it really doesn't help when you don't even get the chance to roll the dice. It's hard enough to find a right or rather a suitable player to begin with but what is more frustrating than not hitting a home run is that you are bound to the bench and merely a what ppl call.."simpanan".

Watching the action from the sideline does get one frustrated sometimes. It's a lonely world out there. As much as you try to deny it, the allure of getting a trophy husband is indeed hard to resist. Maybe not trophy, but at least be in the league. But indeed what can you do if your pitching is not perfect. You are at the end of the day, what you are. And you can't change them. You shouldn't change them. One can only pray that one day, someone will see the potential in you and choose you to be in his team. But that is asking to be relegated to a higher division. It is possible on TV or for some other ppl. It amazes me how come it never happens to me.

End of the day, I am just asking for a chance. A tryout. You think there's potential there. Am not asking for a million dollar contract. But I guess thats just too much to ask from the Coach up there.

Well, at least I am still tall and thin. Any player out there?

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmm... perhaps you are looking at the wrong place at the wrong time or love was lurking away from you. try don't be hard on yourself. gambateh dude. astalavista.
Anonymous said…
hmm... perhaps i should come back and be with you ;p

i should stop my sweet talk at once!
Anonymous said…
Being single isn't all that bad. Don't sound so desperate all the time, it looks bad on you.
nyonyapenang said…
when you're in the game itself and the goal posts keep moving, i think this frus bigtime too.
William said…
I'm from the visiting team. Hah. Anyway, plenty more innings to go. And the view from the bench is not half bad.
Derek said…
I wanna play! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton