BITCHES!!!

Like I am BEYOND PISSED at this moment now. I am so pissed that this is beyond. For months now I have been following updates and trend spotting news from our headoffice in US with all the reports of what is changing the landscape of advertising these days and also to be in the know of the culture across the world. One thing about advertising is that we have to keep abreast with the latest.

It's no suprise then when we see advertising peeps are normally young because they usually represent what is out there and they would know first hand the latest things from music to internet habits. So back to their reports, one of the interesting one which they don't have to tell me is the moving trends towards blogs and blogspot in particular, being the biggest and most popular.

We, advertisers know the power of internet and in particularly the habit of blogging. In fact, we have employed or rather misuse some of the more popular blogs in Msia by inserting our advertising. I am not sure if some of you peeps spotted it or otherwise but whatever it is, the results are there to show. What the Client is paying for doubled in reward/exposure thanks to internet and blogs in particular.

Imagine my dismay when I couldn't access pages from blogspot since Monday. I thought the server was down but clearly friends who are not working in my office seems to be able to view the pages well. My first initial guess would be my IT dept blocking blogspot from our viewing. Futher probe revealed that she has not done such rubbish. Aside wasting time looking and reading, sometimes there are plenty to learn from blogs. From pictures to information - I believe that it should not be censored. Today, my colleague who is equally another blogspot memeber told me that a certain regional office IT dept has blocked blogspot completely from viewing within the office network.

IT'S LIKE, WHAT THE FUCK? I can't fucking believe what I heard. We of all people knows that blocking/censorship sucks. You cannot begin to imagine the redtape that Gov tie around us when it comes to what we can or cannot do in advertising. One of the sillier one is we cannot show armpit in commercials..can you believe it?? And now we are censoring our own people? Then again, this must be the work of some jealous asshole who couldn't get laid, what do you expect from IT dept? HMMMMPH! MAH HAI AH!

But this won't stop me. I will continue with my entries from work because I can still access blogger.com to post. Censorships SUCKS!!!!

Now that my social life is gone, I am going back to my books. I have found this very interesting book on the Saatchi brothers - founder of Saatchi & Saatchi and also M&C Saatchi. It's true when life gives you lemon...make LEMON CHEESE CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments

Anonymous said…
dont worry I live in the country that is censorship is the part of our life ,like air .we used to it & without it we will die ;)
William said…
What was that about IT and not getting laid?! Aieee...

If they ever block you, try one of those nifty proxy sites out there.

Social life? Mr Wrong is just one phone call away... :D. Shall I make another faux pas by asking the "lady" to treat me to a movie?
Anonymous said…
well the other day i was just reading an article in the news about blogging from work where younger generation employees been using their time to blog and blog reading instead of actual work. concern about how much of their work hours are not actually doing work. but i didn't see it as that dead serious.

and the thing is sorry niel i do not agree on blogging from work. i feel bad enough by turning on my msn and have it on busy mode.

i guess just too many people reading and blogging with their work hours and when things out of control rules are executed to cease the situation.

that's all
thompsonboy said…
elllo...they want to start calculating with me ah? ALL THOSE HOURS I SPENT...I need to log my hours of working and I have been working on the average 12 hours days...and I blog during lunch or after 6...

WILL: omg you scandalous flirt..enough about Mr.Wrong. YOU should be treating me to a movie. Going out with me is a treat by itself already! SUNGGUH!
nyonyapenang said…
i likes - the LEMON CHEESECAKE part.
enjoy saje la.
Anonymous said…
oh yeah that's right you don't get to go home after 5.
akihisa said…
For real?!!! You can't show armpits in commercials??! That's totally whack, man!! You said its one of many. What else is there that you can't show on commercials?! ;p
savante said…
MY GOD! An IT department in an ad company actually advocating censorship!? What the hell is wrong with these bastards!
QUIK! said…
omg? are you working in a 3rd world cuntry company???
QUIK! said…
btw, can u like turn off that stewpid word verification thing, it's not like your blog will be spammED that much! Everytyme i wanna post also need to use my braincells!!

WHORE!
Sam said…
I know you can't advertise about sex, condoms and stuff - learnt it back a few semesters ago. Apparently the bloody government is in control of everything we do or see...

But an ad company censoring blogs!? WHAT THE @#$%@#!!!???
thompsonboy said…
I know boys and girls...it's depressing but thats life, so I guess I wont be visiting you ppl's blog that often anymore :(

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton