READ THIS!

You know how it is with books sometimes, there are those that change your life (Bergdorf Blondes), those that make you want to have a better life (Tuesdays With Morrie) and there are those that makes you go what the fuck? (The Devil Wears Prada, hello you call this best selling book? the writing is beyond appaling). Recently I have been trying to finish up the books which was incidently loaned from Cookie but without much success. When the back is in pain, reading becomes tedious and almost tiring. I also need to relook into my reading posture and my fav position for mind sex is no longer valid with my current health condition.

Anyway, there's two which I managed to gobble up before health came knocking. The first was Jhumpa Lahiri's The Namesake and Alan Cumming (yes, THE Alan actor person)'s Tommy's Tale. Quite contrasting material but I will start with the one I think is better - The Namesake. I am not going to go through the writer's stuff and what she has won and done and all those things which you can already get online but rather straight to what I think. First off, the writing is good - every description on food and fabrics and festivity is so well told that you could almost taste the ghee. The story is told from the father's perspective then moved to the son as he grew up (with a funny name of course) and once in awhile back to the mum. I felt the connection with the story as I have personally experienced some of the things the character is going through - how he hates going for his mouth tongue classes, grew up despising his parents and all those normal stuff any good boy will go through if he is too westernized for his own good. It's not groundbreaking material but hey no complains when it's free.

The latter book would be more of the taste to most people who are very much exposed to gay blog. Reading it and reading everything I found and wrote online, there's one chord of similiarity that striked me - drama. Every portion, event and page for the matter is overblown to Royal Highness porportion. To sum the whole story up, it's basically about a bi-fucked-up man at the point of his life where he has to revaluate what he wants to do (mid life crisis for the gay boy if you will) and to choose between growing up or fucking the waiteress by fingering her with cocaine. Despite all that, he undeservinly has a man (a daddy with a cute son) and two wonderful flatmates/friends who stood by him despite all the shits he stirred. Now that's what make a good fairy tale. Expect sometimes funny, sometimes shit and most of the time what the fuck from this book. Besides, I have little to no patience with bi men. Sorry, Cookie I know this is your favourite book but Tommy is really fucked up. You should be dating the daddy instead.

So, there you go - my two mind sexual escapade. Now I need to go back and desperately finish off my 16th century chick lit. There's way too much sexual tension and flirting under the heavy English prude between Jane and Mr Rochester to test my patience. I wished Rochester will take her already! I shuddered to think how a classy Englishwoman fits into sex. Oh speaking of classy - here's an example of NOT classy - Natalie Portman as Holly Golightly on the cover of Harpers & Queen. I think she's a cute girl but didn't they tell her not to mess with a good thing? Have they forgotten that miscast twit Jennifer Love Hewitt who played Hepburn on an autobiographical mini series and her nasty comment on Hepburn's chest? No one can emulate the Goddess. What's next? A remake of Breakfast with Jennifer Lopez and Owen Wilson? Grrrrrghhh!!!!




This is NOT classy.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sorry, I need to space out the NOT classy as far away as possible from the classy. Audrey is in a class of her own.

This will be classy.


Classy coming soon.


Classyback.


Ok.

This is classy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments

Las montañas said…
I can't read a book (is that a medical condition?). The moment I flip the page, I fall asleep.
William said…
I noticed that you've changed your template.....

Classy.

:D
MrBunnyBan said…
Ahhhh! Another fan of that Breakfast girl! Run away...

Names of celebs always makes me boggle. :p
cookieboy said…
Mind you Tommy is never my fav book!! And I told u I liked the DADDY in the story!
Las montañas said…
what happened to your face!?
thompsonboy said…
omgz? well, I think it's time to be abit subtle...I don't want some of the nasties I posted to come back to me...after all, it's a small industry.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton