Nevermind

I meant to write about this TVC but was waiting for my trusted source of commercial to upload it, apparently after a week or so holiday they have plenty to catch up with especially with tons of new festivity ads. These days not many Clients invest on festivity and greetings campaign other than the big boys, corporate company and those with tons of money and nowhere to spend. The most that they will do is just a print advertisement on newspaper. I really miss those glorious days when you can do so much. Well, in those days the cost was much lower, you have less TV stations and newspapers – meaning you will have more audiences instead of being split these days into like god knows how many channels thanks to Astro. But change is inevitable.

Speaking of change, the TVC, which I wanted to highlight earlier, was the one done by Petronas. Of course today’s paper was exploded with that, mine you – I had it in me to comment about it the first time I watched it. For those who doesn’t know what I am talking about, please head to The Star’s website to stream it. Apparently that’s the full version; I am guessing 60sec as compared to the one shown on TV that is probably a 30seconder. I guess it’s no surprise that The Star will highlight it because it’s a national brand, LB is no stranger when it comes to advertising agency top the mind recall and also having a content on The Star website means – you know what I want to say – somewhat paid for la! It’s all business at the end of the day. But all that is not important if the message in the commercial is crap. Yes, unlike the other media-hungry-whore agency that I shall not name but they ALWAYS appear in the paper. Not as if their work is THAT great, too dirty, too political if you ask me.

Back to the ad, I guess it’s good that it’s translated into something concrete. Taking care of the elderly is no small feat and no one really wants to talk about the issue of aging, I can tell you that. Aging is always surrounded by sadness and the thought of ending and dying when it should be celebrated as a milestone and achievement that hell, despite all the odds and shit, you made it through. It’s really sad and difficult thing to watch your parents slowly deteriorate in front of your very eyes. As much as it is hard for us, I can imagine it to be harder for them. Imagine yourself, working and learning your way through life, rich with experiences and knowledge but yet can’t even help yourself to toilet. The mind and spirit is willing but the body is weak. Can’t imagine the humiliation as well. All I can do is pray when my time comes, God will give me the courage and patience to show my parents love and support as they have shown to me. God knows how thin my patience are...

Thinking ahead, one of these days if I don’t die of lung cancer or AIDS, I will have to ponder on my own old age. Lots of faggots don’t think about that. Life is not about looking forward to the next weekend of partying. One day the party will be over. What will I be doing? Who will be taking care of me? Will I still be wearing the clothes I wear? I have seen some uncles, yes I am sure these uncles who rather be referred as big bro or something young but like girl, wearing a pink polo T while lifting up the collar is wrong – even I don’t attempt that stunt in public even though I have pink polo T. In our youth obsessed culture, aging is something that is unacceptable. No one wants be old. Those who are would be in constant denial over the fact that they are 45 years old and not mid 30s as they claimed to be. I guess it’s not easy for them too; guys are coming out from the closet at a younger age these days. Hell, there’s plenty of competition from all these young, dumb and full of cum boys even for me at this age. I hope that I will age gracefully. I don’t see myself hunting for boys and going desperate when I am old though. It’s just not me I guess. While I may not fit into S size T shirts and 30” low rise jeans when I am gray but I take comfort in knowing that there will be classic brands like Ralph Lauren for me. It’s classy, preppy (which is very much my style) and distinguished. Besides big sizes are always on sale so that will be a good thing for my pension as well. Heheh. Knowing that is enough to get me going – I can look forward getting old now. But what is more important is that by then, I hope that I have lived my life the way I wanted and with no regrets. I better have all the fun now because there won’t be many in the coming years.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments

savante said…
Will take a while before you reach for that walking cane, man :) Enjoy that pink polo shirt while you can!
Anonymous said…
dont worry dear you look good in anything even if you wear a tight short short with a bandana on ya head and oversized tee! if kylie can pull it thru' so can you!

and bye bye all the cute tees from now on it's gonna be a new wardrobe for work? so i guess more polos and shirts eh?
Las montañas said…
When you are in your 20s, you thought those uncles in their 40s look uncool.

When you are in your 30s, you start to acknowledge and accept that growing old is part of this short walk on earth.

When you are in your 40s, you look back and told yourself you were once that good-looking in the 20s.

And the walk of life goes on...When you are in your 70s and staring death in the eyes, would that be the image of yourself as you leave this world?

It is a part of living.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton