Why I Can't Date Chinko Chinks?

At the risk of sounding racist to my own kind (I am sure there are many sistas out there who agree with me) - I just can't date chinko chinks. Some people would like to be unkind and call them the bengs but then again I believe there's a lil bit of bengs in all of us since I am after all Chinese. Am I denouncing my own race? No way. I am actually proud to be part of race with long stretch of history dating back to god knows how long. We, Chinese are well known for being survivors, achievers and hardworkers. But there's alot of 'type' of Chinese out there and sadly the majority of them are not dateable because they are CCs. So what exactly are these CCs? Lets go through these list

They listen to 98.8 or MyFM
I don't even have that frequency on my radio shortcuts. The only thing I know about that the said stations are audience statistics for my work.

They like the likes of godknowwhatartistname ermm...I really don't know what is hot in China/Taiwan/Hong Kong
I listen to well, the list is too long but I observe Billboard Hot 100 and UK Singles Chart religiously so you get the picture.

Yeah, they love Korean dramas, I pressume. Or some stupid Twins or Hong Kong movie.
I hate Korean dramas. But I am open to good movies that came out from Japan and Korea. Heck, I even listen to Utada Hikaru.

They love "wahlau"s and "jialat"s
Don't ask me what that means. I don't use those words. I don't know think any of my friends do.

They dream of travelling to Taiwan, Hong Kong and Winter Sonata's site in Korea
I want to visit Egypt, Venice and Tuscany. England is motherland.

They read some sort of Chinese books, I am guessing. I hope.Then again, this is too far fetched cause let's face it. No one reads these days. Chinkos or not.

I am sure by now, you would already get the picture why something like a date is never going to happen because it would be chicken and duck talk. Heck, not to say that my English is Queen proof but most of the chinkos' attempt is so heartbreaking that I switched to my Cantonese mode to accomodate them. Sometimes I wondered why I am not like them. It would be easier and I would have a bigger pool of potential guys. I am sure the population of chinkos that make up the Chinese population in Msia is like 80%?
To actually understand why I am the way that I am, we will need to travel back in time. It's all cause and effect - from my first Enid Blyton book to not being schooled in Chinese and the kids that I mix with.

All said and done, I do know alot of them who falls in this category (well how on earth can we escape them right?) and some are really cute as well. They are mostly nice people and I have nothing against them. It's not to say I am more superior or anything. Just different. Am I narowing and limiting my choices? Why am I prejudiced against a person just because of that? To me, that is everything. The personality and the things that makeup a person. The comfortable feeling that you just can't explain. Some call it chemistry. Since I can't exactly change the way that I am, I just need to wade in the smaller pool and fight like a pirahna to get the fella who is like me - a chinese with lots of inbetween things thrown in the blender.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oh yeah, I wouldnt mind though - dating a chinko with facial hair. Why arent Chinese hairy? There's nothing sexier than facial hair on a man. If you know any, please apply within.

Comments

Las montañas said…
Well, how about a hirsute chinko that sprouts a rich stubble?

and btw, I am with u on those korean dramas too. dont know what's so good about them.
Buaya said…
Saya orang cina leh... ;p

And sometimes I can be rather cina too... :p
darn ed said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
darn ed said…
gf, cc is lyk rough stones. with a bit of rub-a-dub, they too can become eliza dolittle, no ?

imagine all the lovely hokkien swear words that can be uttered while doin the pokey-pokey ! simply a cultural excursion i would think.
William said…
Oh my gawd..

1) I listen to 988 AND MY FM (rediscovering my Chinese roots, I guess)

2) I don't like a particular Chinese artist, but I really hate those Mat Salleh Celup chinese artists. Yo, yo, yo!

3) I only watched "Jewel in the Palace". I hate Twins and I find that the quality of HK movies is deplorable now.

4) Guilty of "wahlau"s and "jialat"s at times. Makes me Mr Joe Blend-In.

5) No dreams of going to HK or Korea. I've only been to JKT and BKK.

6) I can't read Chinese. But I can understand some common characters.

I don't know if this makes me a CC. But one more thing to add, I do have beng-ish hair. But it's not like I'm on your potential date list. Hoho.
thompsonboy said…
oh ed darling, your lust for council estate whores range from the bri-ish to hometown bengs...u are truly multicultural person who appreciates rough cocks of all colors and nationality :P

Good grief, someone asked me to really define CC. I guess you guys have to just step up and let me test taste.
Anonymous said…
One of these days, you're gonna end up dating a real China man. Hahahaha...it's sooner than you think. Never say Never.
Anonymous said…
Would you consider dating someone like Lee Hom? He doesn't belong to a so called typical Chinko, does he? He's very American but at the same time, he's intricately Chinese. Let's face it...there are 6 billion individuals on Earth and stereotyping is just plain blunt. There are guys who live across a broad spectrum of cultures and these people wouldn't fit your list of descriptions. You know...sometimes, it's good to keep your mind open to possibilities. :P
Anonymous said…
I wouldn't mind dating William. I think he's cute.
nyonyapenang said…
maybe the chinko oso looking for a 'banana' with 5 o'clock shadows.
savante said…
Wah lau! Jia lat!
Jason's Corner said…
Stumbled on your blog, and find this post rather interesting. Couldn't resist leaving a comment even though the post was like from a hundred years ago. So, I'm rather interested to know whether you still think that way, after 6 years, or some CC has already converted you? lol...

I think I'm one of the people that don't fit into either end of the spectrum?

1. I listen to 91.3 (a singaporean english channel) most of the time, but I do tune in to MyFM once in a while when the mood strikes.

2. Not really a fan of any artist from China/Taiwan/HK.

3. I watch some Korean dramas, even though I prefer english ones. I'm a sucker for romantic comedy.

4. Don't use wahlau or jialat. Don't know anyone that uses them.

5. Don't have a dream to travel to taiwan/HK/korea. Saving money for my euro trip. =)

6. I grew up with Enid Blyton, but I read some chinese fictions too. In my younger days, that is. Who has time to read anymore?

7. I speak both English and Chinese(Mandarin) very well, and I'm proud of that.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton