Occupational Hazard

As I am typing this in my room (mind you on a Saturday night. Where's your life, girl?), I couldn't help it but feel a teeny weeny bit sorry for my poor self. I have just said no to offer of joining my smoking kakis at Laundry. Normally, I wouldn't say no to a night of self destruction: drinks and smoking. Talking about the drinks make me really thirsty now and no, water will not do. But I wasn't always like this. Alcohol has never been like my favourite thing and I only have it occasionally out of social requirement. Maybe it's the age or maybe after this job, I need a drink or two once in awhile to numb myself. Whatever it is, it's once vice that I really really really really love. (Lychee Martinis, Magaritas - all sorts and Chardonnay baby!)

Not that I can't allow myself just a drop of drink, just that after widtdrawing some dough from the bank yesterday, I realised my financial state is worst than I've ever been. It's like totally half gone every month for obligational expenses. The rest gone god know where to credit card bill. Speaking of which, every month, funny items pop up in my bill. The only thing that I really need to pay are my phone bills (RM100). I don't need to pay for petrol (at least until next year, thanks to the good people at Citibank Credit Card and Esso Mobil who gave me RM2K worth of free petrol. Gimme more, now that I advertise for you) and yet, every month the bill will go up to RM500++. With my life insurance policy payment due end of the year...I think it's time to call it a day to my mindless spending spree. Of course not before I maxed out buying books and cds (which btw, I don't really need but since Fei Mui is coming back from UK, so it's like why not...btw, I owe that fat girl monies as well, like OMG!). So I guess by now, you would have guessed Mr Advertising Man here doesn't earn alot. Nope. Not at all. The industry pays well. Just not to me.

So I guess quit smoking will be good for the lungs and also pocket as well. Abit tough because it will probably cost me around RM200-250 till the end of the year to smoke consistently...I mean like I blew more money than that before at one go for plenty of crap before. Speaking of blow, I wished I can like blow the ciggie smoke and smell away from me at work. As a rule, my office is non smoking and we do after all have TWO smoking lounge. However lately, right after 6pm, everyone is like smoking at their place and it irritates the hell out of me. I have never been so annoyed by the smell...I am guessing that I am slighty more sensitive to that particular stink esp now that I don't smoke anymore. I have actually laid it off entirely for a few days now (yes, I eat alot in compensation) even though falling into a lapse the other day because I was with Upstair's Bitch. Note to self, another reason why I said no to Laundry was I am afraid that I will succumb to smoking temptation again. Drinking and smoking for me go hand in hand...more so than having a stick right after a meal. But I digress. Back to office, I really wished they could just contain their pollution within the smoking lounge. I wouldn't mind as much if they started smoking at their place after like 10pm or on Saturdays like how I used to...but 8pm is a all new low for them. Having said that, I do miss the usual social ongoings I had with them in the smoking lounge. But what choice do I have?

In order to mantain this life, I am giving up another. Sometimes I wondered if it's worthwhile.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments

Las montañas said…
Yeah, after laying off for a while, the smoke from others is irritating!

I smoke socially, when the offer of a pack is irresistible. but not ciggies in sg, where it is downright exorbitant! S$10 for a large pack!

I love the taste of the nico in my mouth.. but slowly, I found that that craving can be substituted by fine brewed coffee.

Alcohol? Used to drink beer a lot. It is fun gulping down lots of it! Then as years gone by, the belly also grew. So now, no beer unless unless unless it cannot be avoided.

Stick to wines. esp reds. go for heart.
savante said…
Aiya! If you'd gone to Laundry, you'd have seen an unfashionable, unkempt man struggling to drink. And that would be me.
nyonyapenang said…
savante : don't make me laugh so loud, wilya? hahahaha......
William said…
Ciggies are nasty!

The Sg gov goes to the extent of putting anti-smoking statistics on zebra crossings. Read those with care, you might get run over.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton