Hopeless romantic



One of the many questions posed to me over the years of being interviewed by agencies is - what is/are your fav ads/have you seen any good ads lately? in all sort of variation. Of course, if you have been to that many interviews as I have, you would know what sort of things that they would ask and would promptly read out the answer like a photocopy machine on heat.

Sadly, I always flop when they ask me that. Reason being I hardly watch any TV at all and no time for paper. Well, at least these days I am forced to read and cut the paper out for analysis from time to time.

However, there was ONE TVC which really caught my eye. It wasn't clever nor witty. The production is simple. Anyway, please click on the youtube link above. Sorry, it's in Mandarin.

The synopsis of the TVC basically tells a story of a husband/boyfriend cooking soup for a lucky cow. The message is while Mr Hubby take cares of your body, Dove will do the hair. I have no idea what so great about the ad but it kind tug the little silly romantic heartstring of mine. I find it so warm when the boy do the cooking. It can be anything simple. But I suppose the act itself speaks of nourishing and caring which makes it really really sweet. Isn't it every girl's dream to be pampered? Maybe that or I am just crap and easily fooled.

Dove, I really love to work on that account one day. The ads are great, the treatment and the overall feel. You'll know it's Dove. No wonder that account never left Ogilvy since the day he started the "more than just soap" proposition.

Comments

William said…
What are your views on this?

http://williamnyk.blogspot.com/2006/08/carefree.html
Anonymous said…
yes you should really work for dove!

this is recent campaign

Dove It!
ENVY said…
I was looking for the cow:P lol i had no idea it was just an expression Thompsonboy:)

Well yes the food he must be cooking is healthy and nurturing as the nurturing soap, i think....i wonder what they were talking about...
William said…
I baru perasan that you've linked me. :)

However good the ad may be, I have banned Dove from my bathroom.
Anonymous said…
my hopelessly romantic movies are such as mandy in a walk in to remember, sweethome alabama, love actually and and let me think?
nyonyapenang said…
cooking and hair? just doesn't gel with me. ;)
thompsonboy said…
nyonya..ask la ur hubby to cook soup for you

will, yes I think the product is rubbish as well...(there goes my chance of working for them). As for carefree...never seen the ad before la..I need to search it.
savante said…
Hey, I cook too! Does that make me all sweet?
Las montañas said…
wah, stirrings of romantik feeling! waiting to receive it?

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton