Obituaries

Numbers of ciggie so far: 1 (which I pinched from my gf whom I had a bitch fight)

I am one of those sick people who enjoys reading obituaries. Okay, enjoy is the wrong choice of word, after all you shouldnt be happy over someone's death. Unless of course its your frenemies. Anyway, I do like to read them and there's one that caught my eye yesterday in The Star. I mean this is the first time anyone actually published a blog address in the obituary. So the little bored and ciggie deprieved me went and type in the address and yikes...it's about this guy's struggle with lung cancer.

Well, this subject is of course close to heart (and lung for that matter). He viewed the cancer as a 'gift', so to speak. Makes me wonder how many of us are actually prepared to die. I think I am not. I mean I don't really want to die so young despite complaining and bitching about how meaningless and boring the life is. Take out all the bad times, I think the good outweights the bad anytime.

I remembered reading Tuesday's With Morrie - yes it was abit too deep for shallow asses like me but there's one particular question which I like to ask myself all over and over again. It goes like something like this or something...

If I were to die tomorrow, am I ready? Have I done everything that I wanted to do?
The answer is actually yes. There's only two things (well three if count getting a bf but that's just asking too much) I wanted to do. One, visit Motherland aka UK and get my arse into an int agency. Both which I managed to do.

Sure, I will die happy when the time comes. Just that I don't want to. Not just yet. So stop the smoking lad!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YIPPIE.... i get to give your first comment. Looking forward to next post. Damn i should resurrent my blog too.
thompsonboy said…
OMG lady, please do!!!
darn ed said…
Tuesday with Morrie is way too preachy for me. Anyway, good luck on slowly banishing the very evil and moody nicotine fix ! Unfortunately for me, I still need my fix every now and then. Heh.

*wink*
QUIK! said…
omg gf you have visited motherland but you haven't like live the life as a true londoner (ie, ME?). get your arse here you whore
thompsonboy said…
like shut up already fat bitch, like I will get a transfer if I can...but I can't. So its third world for the time being.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton