Genesis

So anyway, this is my first lame ass attempt to actually put in an entry. I have to warn whoever reads this. First of all, what on earth are you doing?!!!!??? This is crap. Almost as useless as paying RM7 every week to get yourself killed or lose a limb or an organ or something.

I can’t promise entertainment. I won’t take pictures. And strictly no pictures of food. Sorry, I have nothing against people who do but it’s just not me. I am not a cam whore. I am too ugly to be one anyway. There will be no insights or revelations or queries on life’s greatest love/fag mysteries ala Carrie Bradshaw.

However I promise that I will try to complain less about my almost miserable life. The spelling and grammar is/are atrocious, enough to make my English teacher cry but if you are a good company, I will be a good storyteller.

Maybe I should start with what bring about this new me? Lets go from the very start. I have been smoking for more or less 4 years plus now. I started off pinching from my girlfriend’s bf. He was the only one from our clique who smokes. Slowly but surely I started to enjoy it. It was really never about peer pressure, to show off (cringe at those girls-mind you I say girls meaning those ah lian in college who thinks its oh so cool to smoke and have their breast or ovaries removed later) or stress.

I truly enjoy smoking because it just tastes great. I always have cigarette through the good or bad times too. Almost like a friend, nearly a boyfriend. It’s perfect to go with coffee on a rainy day, having fun and drinks with friends or right after sex. I have loads of memory of kissing smokers. They taste great. They - meaning their mouth and lips.

Anyway, I graduated from pinching to buying. Then became regular when I worked in restaurant during my final year. When I started work, it was a complete routine for me. One in the morning, lunch and teatime. If I worked late, one while driving home.

It got worst when I joined advertising. Okay, I shouldn’t blame the industry for something that I partake voluntarily acknowledging the dangers of my own actions. While everyone smokes and there are facilities for smokers, they are many who don’t. They are my inspiration.

Right, what prompted this madness? Well, it’s about time. I have put this off long enough without seriously giving it any thoughts or consideration. I have tried in the past but it never lasted longer than 2 weeks. Besides, it’s harder to get a fella if you smoke. A lot of people these days don’t smoke.

Brand of cigarette: Malboro Menthol 20s
Daily consumption: averagely from 5 to 7 sticks per day (more when I go drinking or out with friends. One pack per night is possible)
Routine: One in the morning (usually at home or first thing I do when I arrive at work), one after lunch, one around 3 and many in between.

My goal is actually cut it down to 3 per day for a few weeks before tossing it for good. I will limit myself by buying the 15s pack per week. Will try and remind myself on why I should quit everyday before I feel like buying or smoking more.

So far, it hasn’t been easy. I lapsed. Yesterday’s night karaoke means smoking more than my set quota. Will need to punish myself by not getting any on Monday and Tuesday.

Okay, enough for the day. I am boring myself to tears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you remember?

Why I wanna marry - Dr Chris Naunton